Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The BIG SCARY WORD!


"Here it is bam! then you say Goddam this a dope jam". An introduction from the legendary Public Enemy and their classic "Night of the living baseheads". My dorky ass thought it sounded cool or something! I digress!( THE mack lessons DOE!!) Anyway, here is a diatribe(a shameful attempt at trying to sound intelligent) of sorts from the infamous "Mr. Deep Thoughts"(This one took a minute "G").The legendary comic and writer Paul mooney once said " I say nigga 100 times every morning to keep my teeth white". I wish I was insightful enough to tell you what he meant. I'm not. Hopefully, all of you critical thinkers out there will find a way to make it relevant. Some of the most prolific, insightful, enlightning, challenging, honest, and sincere thoughts conjured up by one's mind were those that were never verbalized. How do I know this you might ask? I will tell you. Some things can't be explained. Some things should not have to be explained. A brilliant mind asked me to give my spiel on the use of the n-word. Let us not fear this word that has pervaded the American lexicon for centuries. Take a second and say Nigger! or Nigga! Use the one that makes you comfy! Now see. You did not faint, black out, seize, or go into tardive dyskinesia(Here I go agian trying to sound smart. How dare that nigga!). I wish that I could provide the world with some prophetic answer for the African-American usage of a word that causes slaves, jim crow victims, the lynched, EMMIT TILL, MLK, MEDGAR EVERS, MALCOLM X, HARRIET TUBMAN, THURGOOD MARSHALL, FREDERICK DOUGLAS, and others to do cartwheels in their final resting places. I can't. Fortunately the constitution has this deal called freedom of speech(If I were really smart I would refer to the amendment). Unfortunately, this does not prevent people from getting mollywhopped! This is a term I heard used today when someone described his response to a white guy calling him a nigger. Maybe we took the hurt and power from the word or the oppressor and deemed it a term of endearment. What's up my nigga!! I got love for my Nigga's! I am down for my nigga's! I'll put holes in a nigga for my niggas'! The truth is no one should use nigga! Nigga's should not say nigga. No geek, bookworm, brainiac, nuclear scientist, the genuises from Good Will hunting or Finding forrester could provide me with enough evidence to justify the use of the word! But guess what folks? We still use it! I still use the word! I will probably use it the next time one of my "nigga's" calls! What a vacillating hypocrite I can be! Unless you(Caucasians or any persons not defined as "niggas") have been given a special,special, special, special ghetto pass form your "niggas" don't say nigga! Remember mollywhopped!! Now that may not happen. Use at your own risk!! I will let the great poet Bruce Hornsby and his group the Range sum up for you this entire waste of time i just dispensed. "That's just the way it is. Some things will never change!' If this sounds like a disorganized, confused, or lopdisded rant remember what I said earlier. Some things just should not be explained.
COMMON SENSE(not the rap guy) tip of the day: Use COMMON SENSE!! If you can accomplish this I promise you will never, ever be perplexed by this quandary: They call themselves nigga's! Why can't we? Think nigga's, think!!


D-rock

No comments:

My Blog List