Saturday, February 7, 2009

Option #2



Me: "Yea man, she been through like hella guys since her True Love"

Friend: "And she is still trying to recover"?

Those were the words that were echoed from a good friend of mine while discussing a topic about past relationships, weeks ago. As I hung up the phone, I started thinking about people who have passionately been in love, and due to reasons, it didn't work out; most of the people have never recovered fully. I think it's innate for us to medicate ourselves by thinking that the person wasn't the one for us. *Disclaimer: There are always two sides to every story, I know* But, honestly, how do we know that? If a foolish man was handed 1 Million dollars, but he didn't invest his money wisely, and squandered away the rest recklessly, was it not meant for him? I'm not one with the whole idea of a "soul mate" but I do believe that there are many people whom will compliment, some better than others. Sure, you might find someone that replaces the last, and fills the void, but you know deep down that it's not the same. I personally know of situations from friends, family members, acquaintances, etc... whom have married, not their true love, but the next best thing, and seeing them with their significant other, they just don't exuberant the same happiness. I pose this, think waking up in the morning next to the person who was basically you're second round draft pick. Better yet, having a family with them. Would that create resentment down the road, and could you ever be truly happy?

I not a psychologist or neurologist, which ever one would fall under the study of my next sentence. But, is it only possible for you to recapture your brain's love endorphins "pop cherry" feeling ever again? In the moment of uncertainty and denial, it's easy to say "he or she wasn't what I NEEDED"? It was just a want, but those same wants (when you get them) are what tickles your fancy, and stimulates you, creating a euphoric sensation through out the soul. That being said, life is too short, and if there's something you want go get it. I like to use that thought process when buying kicks. lol As I sit here and write this, I don't have the attitude like it could not happen to me because it very well could; or maybe it already has and I don't know it. IT'S SCARY!


To Be Continued!

No comments:

My Blog List